During the month of August, children collect gifts for a select group of North American missionaries. The missionaries use these items to replenish ministry supplies, purchase items for ministry centers, and minister to people in their communities who need to hear about Jesus.
Follow these steps to help the children in your church get involved in Christmas in August 2016:
1. Select a missionary or missionaries from the list. Remember that all of these missionaries are looking forward to receiving gifts from CA, GA, and RA groups.
2. Send a copy of the August “Family Missions Focus” home with each child. Include a list of the items your group is collecting for Christmas in August 2016.
3. Gather and pack the items your group collects. Consider placing items that could leak inside ziplock bags. Do not wrap the items. Include only the items requested. Include only new items. Pray together that God will use the items to help people learn about Jesus.
4. Label the outside of the package with the names of the items inside. This will help missionaries sort through packages more quickly.
5. Mail your package to the missionary at the address listed. Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for the missionary to acknowledge receipt of your gifts. Also, give the missionary your email address. Explain to children that the missionaries may receive hundreds of packages and may not have time to respond to each group individually.
South Side Life Station/New Heights
2103 Union Street
The Life Station and New Heights Fellowship are both located in Toledo, Ohio. The Life Station is a Baptist center that provides food and clothing for those in emergency need. People from the local area join those at the center for a worship service and the preaching of the gospel before receiving supplies. Those who come to the Life Station can also get in-mail Bible studies, help finding employment, household items, and more. The Life Station continues to preach the gospel as many food pantries in Toledo have ceased this work.
New Heights Fellowship is the lead church plant in a young church-planting network attempting to reach Toledo with the gospel. Resources are slim, so New Heights appreciates any supplies that are donated as they work to share the gospel with the people in Toledo. (If items are bought through amazonsmile.com, groups can choose New Heights Fellowship as their preferred charity. Amazon donates a percentage of the purchases directly to New Heights.)
Youth Leadership Development
Christmas in August
87 Lincoln Street
Northborough, MA 01532
The BCNE serves people in the New England area through the multiple ministries they serve. Each item sent to the BCNE will be used for these ministries. Some items will be used for gift bags shared with the hotel staff that hosts their annual conference. Other items will support youth leaders across New England, most of whom are volunteers. Also, a few items will be shared overseas by student and adult leaders when groups travel on mission.
100 Convention Way
Cochrane, Alberta, Canada
Connect Church is a new church plant in Calgary, Alberta, Canada, launching in the fall of 2016. Gifts to Connect Church will help the church reach out to the lost and love people in Jesus’ name. Connect Church also does a monthly ministry on the University of Calgary campus. Gifts will help the church love and serve students from all over the world. Because shipping can be expensive, gift cards are the best option for equipping Connect Church and helping with the church’s ministry.
Important: Please send via US Parcel Post. Do not send via UPS, FedEx, or other courier service as they will charge customs fees to send to Canada. Complete a Customs Declaration Form at the post office when you ship your box. On the form is a box that needs to be checked: Gift. By doing this, the missionary is not required to pay any fees upon the boxes’ arrival.
2536 Woodberry Drive
David Parsons networks with churches, schools, organizations, individuals, and businesses to help them engage their community for Christ. As a North American Mission Board missionary, he comes alongside local churches by helping them begin new types of ministries to reach the unchurched youth in their community. This connection of churches to community is the focus of his ministry, as well as training churches to mentor fatherless boys and girls and discipling men in the marketplace. David and the members of his ministry believe that every church can be connected to their community and be on mission for God.
California Migrant Ministry
678 East Shaw Avenue
Oscar Sanchez is a field specialist for migrant ministries for the California Southern Baptist Convention. He says: Last summer, by God’s grace and the volunteers, we were able to reach 1,300 migrants for Christ. The items listed are greatly needed for hundreds of migrant families throughout California. They have experienced hardships the last few years due to the ongoing drought. Oscar is grateful and thankful for all Baptist churches who support the California Migrant Ministry through their donations and gifts.
|Children:||Girls in Action / GA|
|Royal Ambassadors / RA|
|Children in Action / CA|
|Youth on Mission|
|Women on Mission|
|Adults on Mission|
|Missions Plan Book|
|Free Starter Packs|