During the month of August, children collect gifts for a select group of North American missionaries. The missionaries use these items to replenish ministry supplies, purchase items for ministry centers, and minister to people in their communities who need to hear about Jesus.
Follow these steps to help the children in your church get involved in Christmas in August 2017:
1. Select a missionary or missionaries from the list. Remember that all of these missionaries are looking forward to receiving gifts from GA, RA, and CA groups.
2. Send a copy of the August “Family Missions Focus” home with each child. Include a list of the items your group is collecting for Christmas in August 2017.
3. Gather and pack the items your group collects. Consider placing items that could leak inside ziplock bags. Do not wrap the items. Include only the items requested. Include only new items. Pray together that God will use the items to help people learn about Jesus.
4. Label the outside of the package with the names of the items inside. This will help missionaries sort through packages more quickly.
5. Mail your package to the missionary at the address listed. Include a self-addressed, stamped postcard for the missionary to acknowledge receipt of your gifts. Also, give the missionary your email address. Explain to children that the missionaries may receive hundreds of packages and may not have time to respond to each group individually.
Kimberly Myers is a North American Mission Board missionary to international students for the Baptist Collegiate Ministry at the University of New Orleans. These gifts will help provide supplies needed for ministry to international students studying in New Orleans, Louisiana. Some of the supplies will be used for welcome bags or exam care packages at conversational English classes and holiday events in which Kimberly and her team will share the gospel and the love of Jesus with students from around the world.
2058-B Dante Avenue
Vineland, NJ 08361
The Rodriguez family is planting more than 20 new churches in New Jersey. Through these churches, they reach people groups from all different backgrounds and ethnicities. They are also able to minister to more than 500 children.
New Jersey has a population of 9 million, with only a handful of SBC churches. The Rodriguezes are the only full-time SBC missionaries.
2317 Chaparro Lane
Blackfoot, ID 83221
Jim Ballard works to reach people in the western culture of the United States. The Ballards give out 4,000 Bible Pocket Partners every year! (These can be ordered through saddleupforjesus.com and sent to the Ballards at their address.) The Ballards also put on Rodeo Bible Camps where campers experience and learn about the love of Jesus through a western lens.
Brenda and Thomas Boberg
3431 S. Contentnea Street
Farmville, NC 27828-1686
Church Renewal Journey is a life-changing weekend experience for lay people to help them “return to the joy of their salvation.” Some churches are healthy and growing and desiring to grow closer to God. Other churches have stopped growing, and some are even thinking about closing their doors. Small groups, worship with testimonies and music, and prayer are key to the Church Renewal Journey. Each weekend has adult groups, youth groups, and children’s groups led by lay people. The requested materials will be used in the Bobergs’ ministry for the planning and implementation of a Renewal Weekend.
1004 Cedarcrest Drive
Pueblo, CO 81005-1597
Kathy Britton works with an elementary school and mentors children in the lower grades, particularly in reading. These supplies will help teachers throughout the year. The gift cards will help Kathy purchase sports equipment to minister at 2 mobile home parks. There, Kathy and her team minister to many older children who love basketball and soccer. She can also use school supplies at the mobile home parks.
Andy and Amy Haynes
10 Jeppson Avenue
Worcester, MA 01606-2215
Andy Haynes is the Collegiate Director for New England Baptists. He leads a team of missionaries who minister on college campuses across the region. This team desires to reach students with the good news of Jesus Christ, make disciples among students, and plant churches on and near university campuses. Andy also works with Southern Baptist churches in New England to reach students and connect them with the churches. Their goal is to see this generation of New England college students passionate for Christ and His church. Please pray for each person who will receive an item you choose to give.
|Children:||Girls in Action / GA|
|Royal Ambassadors / RA|
|Children in Action / CA|
|Youth on Mission|
|Women on Mission|
|Adults on Mission|
|Missions Plan Book|
|Free Starter Packs|