Your church may be planning some summer missions experiences. These may include a missions trip, outreach during a community event, a special project with children, or some other missions involvement targeting a group in your church. Often projects of this nature are planned as one-time experiences, but they can be catalysts for ongoing missions involvement if you plan ahead.
• Plan well for the missions experience. Make sure the project meets a need and is well organized. Begin making plans for a follow-up experience as well.
• Engage others in planning.
• If you are going to assist at an established ministry site, then include the ministry leader(s) in your planning. Coordinate the plans of your group with them.
• Advertise who you will be ministering to and specific tasks to be done during the ministry.
• If items are needed for the project, tell people in your church what is needed and by what date.
• Provide training as needed. This may be done the day of the event or in advance.