Make this craft from the Middle East. Children use these fans to keep cool on hot days.
What you need:
markers or crayons
two drinking straws
What you do:
1. Cut a piece of paper 10 inches long and 5 inches wide. Use a ruler to help you.
2. Fold the paper like a fan. Fold it back and forth. Make even folds.
3. Fold the paper in half. Open it again. Put double-stick tape along half of one side.
4. Fold the paper in half again. Press the two sides together to that the tape sticks.
5. Tape straws to the outside of the fan. Put the top of each straw near the top of the fan. The bottom of the straws will stick down below the fan.
6. Use the straw handles to open your fan. It will form a circle.