In 2005, WMU® expanded Pure Water, Pure LoveSM (PWPLSM) to include grant assistance with wells and other long-term solutions for providing clean water in areas where missionaries serve. To date, PWPL grants have assisted with 43 projects in 26 countries and four states in the United States.
Review the PWPL grant guidelines below to see if your church, association, or ministry qualifies. The applications are reviewed twice a year, so be sure to adhere to the submission deadlines of October 15 for January consideration and April 15 for June consideration. Links to both the application and endorsement letter are provided below.
Pure Water, Pure Love Grant Guidelines
Applicants and Accountability
- We look favorably on those who have matching funds and/or have other partners in assisting with the water projects.
- We look favorably on applicants who are connected with a local Baptist association and/or church. Our experience has shown that those who are connected have greater ownership of the project as well as accountability.
- In the review process we look for sustainability of the project. We require the recipient to provide an annual report of the project for three consecutive years. We also require copies of receipts for the project. In addition, if all granted funds are not needed for the project, we require unused funds to be returned to us 20 days after the completion of the project.
- PWPL grant application must be completed and submitted prior to each meeting of the review committee which meets in January and June of each year.
- Applications will be due to WMU no later than October 15 for consideration in January and no later than April 15 for consideration in June of each year.
- Each application must be accompanied by at least two endorsements without which the application is incomplete.
- Notification of application approval or denial will be handled by WMU staff and money disbursed according to current practice or not sooner than 30 days prior to the start of the water project.