Nothing is more powerful than prayer in the life of a missionary. Your family’s prayers help missionaries who are serving all over the world. Use this activity to guide your children in praying specifically and regularly for missionaries.
1. Make or purchase a calendar with large spaces. Post it in a place where your family gathers each day.
2. On the label for each day of the week, write the following words:
• Sunday: Worship
• Monday: Health
• Tuesday: Safety
• Wednesday: Encouragement
• Thursday: Money
• Friday: Witnessing
• Saturday: Family
3. Each day, do one of the following:
• Go to www.namb.net and click on the Prayer Requests tab.
• Go to www.imb.org/main/pray and click on the Prayer Requests tab.
• Locate the prayer calendar in GA World, Missions Mosaic, or another publication that lists missionary birthdays.
4. Choose a name from the prayer-request list. Write the missionary’s name on the day’s date.
5. Talk about needs the missionary might have for that day. On Monday you might talk about common illnesses in the area the missionary serves. You could pray for the missionary to have healthy habits, including nutritious food and exercise.
If your children need incentives, plan a small treat at the end of each week in which you prayed for missionaries every day. Fix a special meal, play a favorite game together, or go to the park to celebrate helping missionaries.