What you need to know about preschool missions: Mission Friends
The preschool missions organization of WMU®.
- For preschoolers, birth through kindergarten.
- Preschoolers become aware of God’s love, and they learn that others need to hear about this good news!
- Preschoolers are involved in learning, praying, giving, and doing missions.
- Preschoolers learn of missions work in North America and throughout the world.
- Each month, preschoolers learn of a missionary in a different place.
How do preschoolers learn about missions in Mission Friends?
- Hands-on activities
- Sensory activities
- Bible thoughts
- Cultural learning activities
- Mission stories
- Helping others
When can Mission Friends take place?
- During regular church activities
- During special meetings or church activities
- During the worship hour
- In a child-care center
- In a Parents’ Day Out program
- In a home or park
What are the resources for teaching Mission Friends?
- Mission Friends Leader: Teaching guide for Mission Friends leaders
- Mission Friends at Home: Parent-child leaflets for Threes and Fours and Kindergarten Mission Friends. Includes For Babies, Ones, and Twos, a reproducible leaflet for parents of younger Mission Friends.
- Mission Friends Leader Kit: Games, posters, songs, puzzles, recipes, booklets, and stand-up figures to complement units of study in Mission Friends Leader.
- Mission Friends Leader Picture Set: Photos of missionaries and their place of service to complement units in Mission Friends Leader.
Each of the above curriculum pieces is produced quarterly.
- Mission Friends Resource Kit and Pictures:
a combination of the two items at a lower annual price
- Mission Friends Promotion Pack: Contains full-color posters, including door posters, Christian concept area posters, and the Mission Friends song; reproducible postcards; reusable allergy alert chart, and more!
How do I begin a Mission Friends organization?
For a free sample unit to download and helpful information, visit the request page.
Register Your Group with National WMU!
Please let us know that you are a member of the Mission Friends family by registering your group with our national WMU registry. When you register, you will receive a free downloadable certificate of registration. This customizable certificate can be framed and displayed at your church to show that you are recognized and registered with national WMU.
Dixon Endowment for Mission Friends
You can invest in preschool missions education through giving to the Dixon Endowment for Mission Friends in the WMU Foundation. Learn more.
Mission Friends Photos
Share your photos on Facebook!
We enjoy sharing photos of preschoolers involved in Mission Friends session activities and helping others activities. Include a little information: the leaders, the church, and city. We do not publish names of preschoolers.
Get in close to the subjects to avoid space at top, bottom, and sides.
Check background for "cut off" people and people in awkward positions.
If you have a large group, take several photos of different preschoolers in smaller groups.
Post yourself on our Facebook page or send paper photos to the address below and we will post for you.
Robin McCall, Editor
Preschool Resource Team
PO Box 830010
Birmingham, Al 35283-0010
OR email jpg format photos to: email@example.com
Mission Friends are happy, Mission Friends have fun!
Mission Friends can share God's love with everyone!